Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Firsts

First outfit post of the year....

First outfit post after baby.....
 Jon was off for 2 weeks during the holidays, and I have to admit there weren't many days that we weren't hanging out in our pajamas the entire day. Hell, just being a new Mom again the past 2 months warrants the same result. So, not much opportunity for outfit pictures.
 I've been thankful that we've had a pretty mild winter so far, excluding this week, since we had such a harsh one last year. We enjoyed really mild temps and no snow. So the little white flecks you do see in these pictures is real snow and not a camera defect. 
 I wore this today.... well, including a coat, gloves, scarf and hat...... to take Richard to preschool and then Carson and I hit up the grocery store and some other errands before we had to pick him up. Just a really simple outfit of jeans and a sweater. My body is still very much in transition from being pregnant. Going through postpartum during the holidays was not too helpful either. I ate way too many sweets!
 Bloggers have their favorite retailer(s) of course. J. Crew has never really been up my alley, but once in a while I find something there that I like. Therefore, having bough 2 tops from them (this sweater being one of them) over the past few months has been out of the norm for me but a pleasant surprise.
 My camel clothing collection continues to grow..... I really love the texture and tassels on this guy!
More camel love here, here, here, here, here, and here.
 More "statement sweater" looks here, here, and here.
Outfit details:
Camel Sweater - J. Crew Factory (sold out, I got mine on deep discount)
A.N.A. Black Jeans - JC Penney (had for years)
Button Boots - Zulily (had for years)
Jessica Simpson Sunglasses - TJ Maxx

1 comment:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Heather, you look beautiful. I would never ever know that you just had a baby! I saw that camel sweater on Lisa from Respect the Shoes and I have lusted after it ever since. I had no idea it was still for sale as of this year or I would have looked for it. It looks great on you. Plus I bet Richard really liked it. Now I want to wear my camel dress. Maybe tomorrow. : )

Jenni