Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hump Day!

I absolutely love the Geico commercial with the camel in it! HUMP DAY!!!
 
In honor of hump day, I wore this shirt I got at Anthropologie's Summer Tag Sale (they are offering an extra 20% off for a limited time - hurry)! If you've followed along here for a while, you know the whole story about me and camels and you've probably also noticed this is the 3rd camel item I've found at Anthro this season (tee and animal pants previously posted about). I was never really a fan of button up shirts until recently. This one is so thin and comfy - it is great for summer! Now I know that many fashionistas will haphazardly tuck in one side of the shirt in the front, or else the whole front of the shirt and leave the back out. I can't bring myself to do this yet - it reminds me too much of 8th grade when we tucked our over sized t-shirts into our Umbro shorts and left the back hanging out. Maybe I can work myself back up to it, but baby steps. Instead, I got waist definition/shape by adding a skinny belt.
 
Hei Hei "Daytrip Button Down" (camel motif) - Anthropologie
Levi's Mid Rise Mint Skinny's - Macy's
Elle Aviator Sunglasses in Gold - Kohl's
Candie's Sandals - Kohl's (years ago)
Belt - off a dress from Kohl's
Random layering necklaces from my own studio




 In other news, I actually had the chance to ride a camel this past Sunday at the Potter Park Zoo in Lansing, MI. I was thrilled with the idea of having the experience with Richard...... until I saw how they made Mom ride with the kids. The kids are in front of the first hump, and Mom is behind the second hump leaning over in an unflattering position to stabilize the child. The example below is not from the zoo I was at, so it's also worth mentioning that the zoo I was at did not have the back chair piece that lady has. It was just a clear shot of your ass for all the visitors to see. LOL! So I thought it would be funny to do a little comparison here:
 
WHAT I THINK I'D LOOK LIKE
(a.k.a. Sex and the City in Dubai)
 WHAT I'D ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE
Hope you got a good laugh! And, I hope you are happier than a camel on Wednesday! Have a great holiday everyone - stay safe!

No comments: