Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Oldie But Goodie




I've had this dress for about 8 years. I remember buying it not long after we moved here to Michigan. I don't shop at J. Crew much, but that is where I found this dress. I was drawn to the print over the large black & white stripes. I still love it just as much as when I first bought it, and actually almost lost it to a laundry snafu. When the black sweater was new, it left little fibers all over the dress. I didn't think anything of it, but when I washed the dress the black fibers left terrible stains on the white parts! I painstakingly used a bleach pen to dab all of the little spots, being careful not to touch any of the colored parts, and then washed the dress again. Thank goodness it was saved!

I hadn't gotten sucked into Anthropologie back then, but now looking back and researching the older pieces Anthropologie carried a dress very much like this (found on eBay here). Ahhh, my Anthro-style was already starting to develop and I didn't even know it.

Dress : J. Crew
Black Shrug : Casual Corner
Unlisted "Web Page" Wedges : Steinmart
Initial Monogram Necklace

Photos by fellow blogger and cupcake lover, Lisa

1 comment:

LisaRL said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I really enjoyed this mini photo shoot today! I love all your outfits!