Sunday, October 28, 2012

Statement Sweater - Vrooom!

Vroooom? More like Brrrrrr!!!! I braved the cold and windy weather on casual Friday to take pics outside. Statement sweaters seem to be popping up everywhere this season, and here's the story behind the one that I chose:
About a month ago I got a $20 coupon from The Limited. Yes, you read that right - no minimum purchase or amount off when you spend upwards of $100 - just a flat out $20. I must admit I hadn't shopped at The Limited in some time, but a mall close to me had just done a store remodel. The last time I was in there, I was impressed. And others were too. In fact, a lady mentioned that she too hadn't been shopping there when she always used to. The Sales Associate informed her that the company had a new buyer, and were getting back to the "look" they used to have. I would agree. It's definitely a destination for classic career choices, with some fun mixed in.
Before I drove a half hour to that nearest store, I thought I'd check out what they had online. Imagine my delight when I came across this car sweater! I know I sound like a broken record sometimes, but the hubby and I love us some cars. This was the perfect piece for me. I called them to see if they had it in my size, and they did. Originally $59.90, on sale for $29.99 minus the $20 coupon, I paid a mere $9.99 for it. Sweet deal! It is very comfy and easy to wear. I kept the rest of my look casual with some distressed boyfriend jeans (Simply Vera @ Kohl's), booties (Franco Sarto from Macy's), my Grandpa's vintage watch, and some bracelets I've had for about a million years.

1 comment: