Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It was the best of times, it was the busiest of times.....

I hate it when I don't have time to blog! These past few weeks have been sooooo busy, so I thought I'd give a little recap of what has been more important than taking pictures of myself in outfits. (Yes, I meant that to be sarcastically funny. Being able to laugh at yourself is a good quality to have.)
 
Kristen and I took our second annual trip to Ghoultide Gathering, one of the largest Halloween art shows in the country. You can read about last years adventures here. This year, the location was a bit closer to us in Chelsea, MI. And, more importantly, our dear friend Jennie of The Prim Pumpkin was exhibiting for the first time! I am so proud of her - she almost sold out her entire stock!
 We lunched at The Common Grill and explored some of the cute shops the town had to offer. Including a bead shop! I knew I was meant to find the store when a beaded peacock greeted me at the door! His entire body is made of tiny seed beads! We got his story from the lady working there and found out his name is Pepe le Plume! I am totally in love with him.

 
Before heading home, we found a cemetary to take some spooky pictures in. Luckily we had brought our witches hats for the occassion. One of the many things Kristen and I have in common is that we are Halloween lovers, so doing something like this does not seem weird to us. And don't worry, I'm a good witch (most of the time anyway).
 
 I squeezed in as many readings of "Moo, Baa, La, La, La" (Richard's favorite book) as I could before........
 .......heading off to a business trip in Los Angeles / Manhatten Beach, CA. This was my first visit to California, and my Mom was nice enough to meet me out there so that we could soak up some fun activites when I had down time.
 Since coming back home, it's been non-stop Fall fun with my little guy.
 
Leaves!
 Halloween Pajamas!
 And chaperoning him on his field trip to the pumpkin farm!
Whew! I am one tired lady! And it's not going to let up anytime soon.


2 comments:

Erin Siegel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, Miss Heather! You must come out to visit Salem, Massachusetts where Halloween and people dressed up as witches is pretty common place! Moo, Baa, La La La? I think we have that book! Richard is so cute and you are one stylish, fabulous mamma!

Lorelei Eurto said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

he is the cutest little peanut!
love that last pic with his little owl sweather! SQUEEEEE!
and you wearing the earrings I made! SQUEEEEE!

missed you! hope it slows down a bit for you!