Friday, January 16, 2015

And then there were two......

Two peacocks.....

Two recent purchases from J. Crew.......

Two kids......

Holy crap, I have 2 kids! Some days I can hardly believe it. 
 In my recent camel sweater post, I talked about how I rarely buy from J. Crew. But then I saw that camel sweater. And then I saw this peacock sweatshirt. I bought it when I was still pregnant and it was on sale with an extra percentage off. I wore it quite a bit with the bump, and meant to do an outfit post on it, but never got around to it.
 I am just barely fitting into my favorite flare leg jeans, and I did a similar combo to this a few years ago in this post. When I say "combo", I mean the proportions mix of a crop top, lacy layering tank, and flare jeans. In that other post, I wore a ruffled maternity tank which is what I was wearing the sweatshirt with when I was pregnant. That tank will always be a staple for me, but I wanted to try this other lace hem tank that I mentioned in another post that I got at Meijer.
 The pattern on the lace reminded me of peacock feathers.
 These boxy crop tops can be challenging sometimes, and I probably could have taken this one a size or 2 down.
 I wore this on Wednesday to take Richard to an art class he is taking, and then we met up with one of my dear friends for an afternoon of exploring new thrift stores and lunch. It is so nice to have an extra set of hands when out with the boys!
Lace Hem Tank - Meijer (although I see Kohl's has them, they are only $12 at Meijer)
Apt 9 Flare Leg Jeans - Kohl's (old)
Bare Traps "Armandy" grey boots - Macy's (old)

1 comment:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lace hem! I never shop at JCrew either. I need to branch out more. Although I just purchased The Delaney Plaid Blazer a few minutes ago. So Anthro is still getting all of my money. I hope it ships!

I sent you a package on Saturday. It is such a mess. I forgot to buy wrapping paper and your little guy is getting bigger and... Well, I had to send it ASAP. I apologize for the lack of wrapping! I feel so bad! I am the worst gifter. I also sent you a pair of shoes I got in a Modcloth Grab Bag. You will see why when they come. But I know you wear an 8.5 and these are an 8. If they don't work feel free to donate them!

Jenni