Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Split-Print

A few weeks ago, I wrote about how much I was loving twofer dresses and those were all solids. Twofer dresses can come in prints of course, whether it's solid/print or print/print. Stripes and florals are a great way to dip your toes into pattern mixing. This Moulinette Souers dress from Anthropologie is so well made - the fabrics are a good weight, it has pockets, and the top is sort of like a swingy crop top. The stripe part looks black and white, but it's navy (as is the skirt). I've had a lot of pieces lately where the navy is so dark it is hard to tell if I should wear black or brown accessories! Since it is navy, I was inclined to wear my darker denim jacket with it, but at the last minute I liked matching the drab green of the leaves. I knew when I bought this crop jacket off the board I would wear it a ton - I think I've worn it 3 times within the last week! Office life definitely calls for layers as I feel fine in the morning but by the afternoon I am sans jacket and I had to buy a fan for my desk! Last summer, I would have paired my strappy wedges with this, but I find myself more and more drawn to flats. I feel a bit lame about it, but it sure is nice not to have your feet hurt at the end of the day! If you missed out on this dress (which I did too and bought it after the fact on the board) here is a nice option from Younkers.
 Moulinette Souers "Split-Print" Dress : Anthropologie via buy/sell/trade group
Hei Hei "Report to Base" Cropped Jacket : Anthropologie via buy/sell/trade group
Kate Spade Necklace : TJ Maxx
"Val" Gladiator Sandals : Payless






No comments: