Monday, June 6, 2016

Look-a-Like

 My Mom bought me this dress at the end of last Summer - I think she paid about $12 on clearance for it! When I saw it, I said "That looks like an Anthropologie dress!" Sure enough, the Colorblocked Sama Dress (pictured at the end) is highly sought after in resale. Anthro carried it, and it's darker/cooler weather cousin (Aiden Maxi Dress) a few years ago. This season, they have reintroduced the popular style but with a print: The Peachy High-Low Dress in two color combos. It's definitely another version of the two-fer dresses that I have been featuring so much of lately.

I own another look-a-like dress from this same brand - Chelsea & Theodore - that I mentioned in this post. Another hi-lo number, but in a faded chambray. So, this is most certainly a brand to watch as Anthro-inspired! You can find this brand at department stores like Boston Store and Younkers. I am really liking the neutral colors of the one Mom got me - white, tan and black. The top is a little big on me so I am thinking of getting it taken in. I wore a denim jacket with it, but I've been thinking about getting white and black jean jackets for cases like this. Since I know how much I wear my denim jackets and olive jacket, it only makes sense to get a few more colors. But I don't know if I will - I guess if the right fit and price fall into my lap. Also, I was inclined to belt this but decided to leave it.
Chelsea & Theodore Dress
Gap Jean Jacket : consignment shop
Latigo "Talulah" Shooties : Anthropologie
Necklace & Sunglasses : TJ Maxx






From left to right:
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

1 comment:

fashchronicles said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the color blocking on this dress. So gorgeous!

Abby | Life in the Fash Lane