Monday, April 21, 2014

Holiday Weekend Away

Hi! I hope you had a wonderful Easter! We just returned from a 4 day weekend visiting our families in Wisconsin. And before I started up my laundry, I had an idea to do a post about packing.
 
If you've followed this blog for any amount of time, you might notice that my outfits are pretty "specific". Meaning, the colors have to be just so or they have special shoes that go with them or the perfect piece of jewelry. Packing, in general, stresses me out. I either feel like I am going to forget something, regret not bringing something, or else bring too much and not wear it. So add in the variety in my closet and it makes it even worse. I mean, honestly, it does not make sense to bring 4 different pairs of shoes with! Of course, if I had a special vacation I was going on, that would be different. But for now, I have tried to simplify as much as possible. Also, I am no longer just packing for myself - I share a suitcase with a toddler - so I no longer have the luxury of bringing lots of stuff.
 
Above is what I brought on this trip. I centered my outfits around one pair of dark jeans, and my navy Minnetonka Mocs. Thank goodness for slip on ease and heavy socks/boots were not needed! Coincidentally, all of my tops (minus the cardis) were from Anthropologie and fit the navy blue color palette. The "seen here" links are similar outfits, or, in the case of #1 the exact one.
 
Outfit #1 (seen here)
Postmark Here & There Tee Offbeat (dark blue colorway) - Anthropologie
A.N.A. Jeggings - JC Penney
Yellow Cardigan - TJ Maxx
Minnetonka Mocs - TJ Maxx
Necklace - local boutique
 
Outfit #2 (seen here)
Field & Flower Rainy Day Pullover (balloon motif) - Anthropologie circa 2012
A.N.A. Jeggings - JC Penney
Minnetonka Mocs - TJ Maxx
Statement Necklace - TJ Maxx

Outfit #3 (seen here)
Wonderland Silk Tunic - Anthropologie
A.N.A. Jeggings - JC Penney
Teal Cardigan - Sears
Minnetonka Mocs - TJ Maxx
Necklace - Lorelei Eurto
 
Outfit #4 (seen here)
Porridge "Gabby" Sweatshirt in Navy/Rope Print - Anthropologie
A.N.A. Jeggings - JC Penney
Boat Necklace - Forever 21
Minnetonka Mocs - TJ Maxx
 
You know what? I didn't wear outfit #2. I doubled up outfit #3 on Friday and Sunday. I mean, come on, it had bunnies on it. How could I not? Do you have any formulas you like to use for easy packing?


1 comment:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are a great packer! I always just throw things in a bag! I need to be better. I love all four of the outfits that you showed. They are great! And those shoes looks so comfortable. I am all about comfort lately.

In one of the posts you mentioned gladiator sandals. Have you worn them lately? They are on my list to get in May. Some tall ones.

Thanks for showing your packing tips! They are really helpful!

Jenni