Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Necessary Tulle

When you are a little girl, you are obsessed with being a ballerina (at least I was). While I did not take many dance lessons, I sure did love dressing up in my leotard and tutu a lot.
 
Fast forward to being an adult, and a huge Sex and The City fan. Who can forget the opening credits where Carrie is wearing her pink tulle skirt? While not so practical, a tulle skirt has been on my list for quite some time.
 
I finally settled on the Amalia Tulle Skirt from Anthropologie (by Seen. Worn. Kept.)
The Anthro community either loved or hated this skirt. The online shots made it seem a lot more streamlined than it really is. People were upset with how "big" it was in real life. While I do agree it is a statement skirt, I don't think mine is too poofy.
 
Sometimes, tulle can be stiff and scratchy. I was pleasantly surprised with how soft and light this skirt is. Under the multiple layers of sheerness, there is a soft t-shirt like material lining. It just feels great on! I just love the colors too - a muted floral print in shades of orange, mauve and eggplant are on the first two layers. By having the print on two layers instead of one, it gives it an even more magical effect. Under that then is layer after layer of nude tulle.
 
I paired it with an eggplant shell (Kohl's), Gap jean jacket (consignment shop), Gomex heels (Zulily), and a wood bead necklace (local Charitable Union gift shop).
 
Moral of the story? You are never too old for tulle. Nor do you have to be a ballerina. It should be a necessity!








5 comments:

Victoria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your outfit. The skirt looks so pretty when you sit on the steps.

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That color is so pretty on you. I love the color shirt that you paired with it. And that denim jacket is perfect! I have so many tulle pieces! I need to stop. I loved all of the ballerina teen books growing up. But they are so much fun to wear. And so feminine! I agree. A definite necessity!

I love all of your pretty bsckgrounds in your photos, too!

Jenni

Deco Mesh Wholesale Distributors said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I loved all pictures. Especially third one awesome

withwonderandwhimsy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a gorgeous photo shoot! I love tulle skirts, too. Obviously, since I wear my Emeline Tulle Skirt way too often. But I like that this one is mellower and more autumnal. It makes it more wearable while still retaining the whimsy and fun of a tulle skirt. I love how you pulled out the earth tones and used them in a necklace. The denim jacket caps everything perfectly!

<3 Liz
www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

Whimsical Preppy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh that skirt is so pretty! It's like the fall version of the Snowrose skirt. I love your whole look that you have going on here.
Enjoy the rest of your day,
Stacey