Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bring on the color!

The temperatures are becoming a little more tolerable. The sun shines more often. All of the snow is melted (or at least I think it is). After the most brutal winter, spring is slowly making it's way to Michigan. Surveying our 1.5 acres a few times now, it is hard to believe that our yard will ever recover from such harshness. Honestly, in the 11 years we have lived here I have never seen my property in such a sad state. Branches, limbs, even an entire tree down (in the way back so only fence damage there). The grass is matted down in such an odd way - it just looks weird to me. Normally, by this time some of my perennials are starting to pop up, but nothing this year. So, so much cleaning is ahead of us!
 
That's why when I saw this colorful sweater, it made me happy. I just love the crochet trim on the navy blue. Now if only I could pack these heavy jeans and boots away for good! My freshly painted toes are ready!




Double Zero cardigan - via eBay
Brown tank - Old Navy
Jeans & Boots - JC Penney

Necklace - Aldo

3 comments:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad to see you guys are coming out of that brutal weather! What an odd year this has been. That sucks about your fence damage. And landscaping. We have been getting quotes here because I desperately need to trim the trees next to our house. Man. It is so expensive.

I am seriously in love with your sweater. I even went on ebay to find one. Then I was like, "Jenni! What are you doing? It's 97 degrees today!" I am packing up all of my sweaters this week. But I have serious sweater envy over your beautiful find. The way the ruffle hits at your hip is gorgeous!

Jenni

Donna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Also seriously in love with this sweater - looks great on you! So... I also went on ebay and just bought one in black. I wish I could have found it in navy, but if I like the black, I'll continue to hunt for the navy.

Thanks for the inspiration! I'll hopefully post some photos when I receive my sweater :)

Donna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Heather - Just wanted to let you know that I received my Double Zero Crocheted cardigan a few days ago and...I'm not so much in love. I don't think I'll be posting any photos :)

Turns out the medium is way too long on me (I'm short-waisted and knew this might happen). And the black color is okay, but I still like your navy color better.

I think this cardigan looks so amazing on you, but it just doesn't seem to work for me. It's okay, I'm going to pass it on to my cousin who'll love it. Thanks!!