Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wonderland Wondering

I recently scored the Wonderland Silk Tunic from Anthropologie. Yes, another one of their Fall Woodland themed items that I am buying on sale in February. It is a deep navy blue with flowers, bunnies and mushrooms!
 
I first paired it with these teal jeans and teal cardi to pull out the teal colors in the top. I think it was too much teal! I got these Levi's on clearance at Marshall's for $15 over the summer. I was on such a colored jean kick and I figured I would wear these a lot. After all, they are peacock perfect! Sadly, for some reason, I haven't been wearing them at all. I think I have been so used to either skinny style jeans or else really flared leg jeans, that when I wear something in between it feels odd. These are pretty straight leg. I will have to experiment with them for some other outfits.

Moving on, today I decided to pair the same 2 top pieces with dark skinny jeans and tall boots. I like the results much better!

Then, I switched out the cardi for a salmon colored one as the flowers in the top matched it perfectly. I think I like the teal one better. I am sure I will come up with many more combos as well. The tunic is sleeveless so I can already imagine wearing it without a sweater, with these same skinny jeans, and some cute flats when the weather get warmer. Seems like that will never happen, but a girl can dream right?


2 comments:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Okay. I am officially more jealous than ever. I have been waiting for a popback of that awesome tunic! But it never ever happens! You are so lucky to have scored it! I like it best with the dark pants and teal cardigan as well. But the salmon colored cardigan looks good, too.

I got a popback from their fall collection in the mail today as well! It is the yellow corduroy vest I had wanted and wanted. It finally popped back at a price I was willing to pay! Isn't spending less so much more fun?! I find it exhilarating!

Fingers crossed I can score this awesome shirt, as well. But if not, I am so happy you have it. Seriously, it looks gorgeous on you. You go girl! : )

Jenni

Whimsical Preppy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that blouse! I had it wish listed but then changed my mind. After seeing how you paired it with different cardigans, I'm hooked again. It reminds me of the Anna Sui Roe blouse that had deer on it. That's on my Ebay wish list.
Have a great evening,
Stacey