Friday, February 14, 2014

My Signature


With the Valentine holiday today, and a Spring full of birthdays and anniversaries, I thought about sharing my "signature" today.

Remember in the movie Steel Magnolias how Shelby says, "I like pink. Pink is my signature color." Well, I'd like to think that peacocks are my signature. I think it's pretty safe to say that most people would agree with this. At least once a week (or more) people are coming up to me saying things like, "Whenever I see a peacock, I think of you." Or, they are telling me where they saw the latest peacock item, which is awesome (I totally appreciate it).

Over the course of the years, I have found many, many peacock cards. So my goal has been to give a peacock card for any occasion that I can. In doing so, I am sure that people know who the card is from before they even open it - my signature without actually being my signature!

Above is just a small sample of cards I have on hand. I usually keep a double on hand so that I can include the card in my scrapbooks with pictures of the corresponding event (if there are any). Examples of cards I have found are:

blank note cards
birthday
anniversary
Christmas
Valentine (see the red peacock I will be giving Richard today)
thank you
congrats
friendship
get well
60th birthday (yep, seriously)

I think I've found the majority of these at Target, or else Meijer. Other good resources are Pier 1, World Market, Barnes & Noble and TJ Maxx.

What about you? What's your signature?

1 comment:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! Your cards are awesome! I wish I had a collection like that. And peacocks make complete sense. Whenever I see one, I think of you.

My signature would be a gnome. I have bought cards, but only from Etsy. I have not been able to find them elsewhere. It is a bummer, because they can be spendy on Etsy. I wish I could find some at Target. That would be awesome!

Jenni