Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Why I Decided To Blog

I must say, I am not a very "hip" person when it come to the latest technical trends and gadgets. While I often wonder how we ever lived without the internet, I have a crappy pay as you go cell phone (which has never failed me) and probably a first generation iPod (won at a charity auction long after iPods were invented)! I have just never felt the need to spend a lot of money on the latest and greatest thing that will outdate itself as soon as I walk out of the store with it. I have other priorities, and I am sure I am not alone in that. I am also part of the generation that just missed the importance of having a My Space page.

So blogging..... I have been moved away from my family and lifelong friends for 5 years now, and it's sometimes a bit hectic to stay in touch with everyone. Especially when I try to attach pictures to emails and my parents still have dial up (hope this works better for you Dad!). Also, since renewing my interest in beading and making jewelry, I have come across some very interesting bloggers and thought, "hey, I should get my name out there too". It's uncanny how I have many of the same interests and good taste as they do!

So there you go. Most often my blog will entail my latest shopping adventure, most recent project, or what I did on the weekend. Nothing fancy, but just a quick way of getting a peek into my world each day!

No comments: