Monday, September 15, 2008

Embellished Cuff

I have had this leather cuff for about 3 years, trying (with no luck) to wire a bunch of beads to it. I also had some leftover Vintaj dragonflies from my Kerri Fuhr necklace (see post from last month). So imagine how excited I was when I came across the cover of Bead Unique magazine to see a bunch of leather cuffs with Vintaj components wrapped on them! I used my dragonflies of course, and then some delica beads. Ah, delica beads - from the good ole' Peyote Stitch days. Peyote is what got me into beading originally. Sure, I made plenty of friendship bracelets in the school yard with seed beads, but to see all those tiny beads woven together in an intricate pattern made to feel like fabric??? I was amazed. Don't get me wrong, I still think Peyote is very cool. But I learned quickly that it was time consuming and only appealed to a very small market. I'm all about more instant gratifications these days, and this was just the project to provide me with it! When I first started this project it was with the intention to sell the piece. Now I am not so sure....... Ugh, I admit I am a hoarder!






No comments: