Thursday, September 25, 2008

Green Girl Studios

Green Girl Studios is one of my favorite places to shop for treasures. The entire Thornton family is highly talented, and reading their blogs everyday is like an escape to a magical world. I am totally in love with their new bronze coins - particularly the skull one! Andrew posted on his blog that he would try to set some aside if you emailed him and I feel borderline stalker-ish as I have emailed him twice. I know they are on their way to Hawaii for a show so I am praying they have some of the skulls left when they get back. Here is a necklace Andrew created with the coin - breathtaking, right?


Since I am on the subject of GGS, I thought I would showcase the pieces I have from them from my own personal collection. I know what you are thinking - this lady posts pictures of jewelry that she keeps for herself! But I will have you know that I have sold 4 necklaces over the past few years that featured GGS pieces. I do let go sometimes....

Here is my "Owl Collection" necklace with the two small pewter owls being from GGS. The large owls are from various sources and they all hang from a chain that is further strung with brown cotton cord.


And then here is my GGS dragonfly bead strung simply with some tiny metal beads and Swarovski crystals. And my GGS fairy clasp that holds a strand of fancy jasper faceted donuts.

I must say, I am loving my new studio! It feels like walk in closet for jewelry! Every morning after I get dressed, I wander in there to pick out what necklace I am going to wear. I guess necklaces are my favorite and what I wear most. I am not much of an earring person, personally, because I have long hair. I feel like the earrings not only do not get shown off under the hair, but they also get tangled in the hair at times. If I wear my hair up, I will wear earrings. I am a firm believer that less is more so I very rarely wear both a necklace and earrings at the same time unless they are really simple. I love bracelets but very few are comfortable to wear to work when one has to type most of the day, so I try to wear them as much as I can leisurely.

2 comments:

Andrew Thornton said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for mentioning us on your blog. I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to personally email you back, but I didn't realize just how many people would email me concerning the bronze coins and well-wishes for my birthday once I posted my email address in public. Not that I'm not grateful for all the support and love sent my way, but we're traveling and my email access is limited and I feel just awful for not being able to reply back. The necklace that you posted actually sold today. It went within the first two hours. Now I have to make another sample!

Thanks again! I've got to make my way down to the hot tub now!

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for checking out my blog! No problem about the email - I know you are busy. Hope the rest of the show and trip are great!