Tuesday, October 6, 2015

High Rise + Button Down

I've gravitated toward the same equation the last few casual Fridays....... high rise jeans + a button down top (peacock print, of course)! I cannot rave enough about my love of high rise jeans. Even if I did not have a bit of a postpartum tummy, I would STILL want to wear them. They are just plain comfy! No adjusting/pulling them up all day.... no worries about showing plumbers crack when you bend over....... seriously, I hope this style is here to stay for a long, long time! Now I know there are some that are made to look like the old fashion "Mom" jeans. The hipsters can keep those. What I am talking about are jeans I would normally wear anyway.... just higher. I feel a bit obsessed about trying any brand within the price range that I would spend on jeans. You can really find most any brand/store carrying them now no matter what your budget. Here is what I've tried and loved so far:

 The dark wash in my first set of pictures are Levi's from Macy's
Also seen here and here

Having not shopped there for a long time, I am a renewed fan of American Eagle's options

The medium wash in my second set of pictures are Rock & Republic from Kohl's. This is the first time I've tried this brand and I love them!

So far, everything I have posted about have been "skinny" of jegging style. Don't fret! There are plenty of straight leg, boot leg, boyfriend, or flares to be had too that are high rise. I don't have a link since they are sold out online, but I found my first high rise flares are Target (their Mossimo brand). If you are at a store you might be lucky enough to find them. 

Lastly, the two button downs are:
Charter Club via Macy's (waited for sale + coupon)







Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

No comments: