Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Darker

I feel like the last few years, my hair has become "difficult". I am chalking it up to my body changing from having kids. What used to be routine, by the book, like clock work appointments turned into something else. For one thing, I moved away from the salon I'd been going to for 10 years. I tried one for a bit here that wasn't a good fit and then finally ended up where I am now. I still feel like the relationship is "new" but I really LOVE the place and my gal so I want to be fair to her.

So, I've always been a long haired blonde. I either get highlights or root touch up. But since my "changes" I feel like it's been so hard to get the right color blonde. My "natural" color has darkened over the years which added to the complications. One thing I really hate is when blonde looks fake. It's hard to get it just right - not brassy, not yellowish, not white - it just became too high maintenance for my busy life. And especially since I take so many pictures of myself for the ole' blog here, I was picking apart my hair all the time! I could see "bands" or stripes from each outgrowth that had been made blonde - it just never seemed to blend well. So, I ended up going dark! I am liking it even though it is still taking some getting used to. I am hoping that when my roots grow out now, they will be less noticeable = less maintenance. We'll see.

But speaking of dark, I was excited to restyle this dress for the season! You can see how I first wore it here. I switched out the cardigan for a jean jacket. No necklace or belt. Navy tights and teal heels.

Jean Jacket & Sunglasses - TJ Maxx
Tights - Target
Mary Jane Heels - DSW (old)





Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

No comments: