Friday, October 30, 2015

Peep Toe

Once upon a time, there was a newly postpartum Mom wandering TJ Maxx with her 2 littles. It was the middle of Winter and she needed to get out and do something. She came across the most perfect black peep toe booties. They were the only pair there and 1/2 a size smaller than what she normally wore. Surely, once her swollen feet went down they would fit. Such a gorgeous suede and of course the price was right.......

Yeah, that was me and the shoes were Dolce Vita Missa. When I was finally ready to wear them, they did not fit. Who did I think I was? Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias?

"In a good shoe, I wear a size 6. But a 7 feels so good, I buy a size 8!"

Yeah, I constantly have movie quotes narrating my life in my head. Anyway, I was sad to return them and since they were past season, I could not find them online anywhere to purchase the correct size. I never stopped thinking about them though. And even though I saw hundreds of other black peep toe booties, none of them compared. The proportions, straps, buckles, etc.... just really, really got me. 

A few weeks ago, I decided to revive the quest of finding them. Surely I thought some other brand would have a similar style. I am the queen of comparison, if you haven't already noticed. I can see something, retain it, and recognize it's twin/cousin/whatever you want to call it - even years later. What I've come to learn is that a manufacturer can make a certain style, but it might be branded under 3 different labels. Case in point with these booties. The ones I ended up finding were Fergalicious Cleo2. Yes, as in Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas. If you look at both links you will see the style is exactly the same, just different materials used. Now do you think Fergie actually designed this shoe the same way a famous shoe designer does? No. She, or one of her business people, probably went into a showroom and just said "yah" or "nah" to what styles would be branded with her name. 

I can't really think of any pop star, actor, etc... whose clothing or accessory line I seek out on purpose. These shoes just happened to be a match to what I was looking for and I couldn't be happier that I found them! Speaking of crap that gets stuck in my head, every time I go to put these on that damn Fergalicious song runs through my head! Make it stop!

Other outfit details:
Boden Peacock Dress - first piece from this British line! (last year)
High Rise Black Jeggings - American Eagle
Belt - Target (old)
Necklace - Coldwater Creek (old)






No comments: