Thursday, February 12, 2015

Current Obsession : Hi Rise Jeggings

Body after baby #2 is not *ahem* snapping back as quickly like it did the first time. I know there is still a lot of time to adjust + I do not have the best eating habits now that I am chasing 2 little ones around.

Hi Rise Jeggings to the rescue! There things are AWESOME! 

Of course I enjoyed jeggings before, but these are even better. I am glad to see the higher waist trend continue, and no, these are not the typical "Mom" jeans that we remember. The other denim trend I am loving seeing more and more of is the extreme flare leg. I am so glad I still fit into the jeans in this post so I don't have to go out looking for another pair. They are one of my absolute favs!

Anyway, back to the jeggings. The first pair I got after having Carson were a very dark blue which I have worn in a few posts now (see example here). They are Levi's from Macy's

Then, I was made aware of the fits at American Eagle. I must say, I can't remember the last time I shopped there. Here is their page of Hi Rise Jeggings and they've been running a promotion, Buy One, Get One 50% Off. This has been a great way for me to get some without investing a lot since my size will probably still fluctuate. That being said, most retailers are improving the stretch technology in their denim so these very well may stick with me for a long time. Meaning, they will nip and tuck when I need it but not bag out when I don't.

AE has several options of the "destroyed" look and I couldn't help but get a bit obsessed about that too. So really, an obsession within the jegging obsession. I think my unemployment status is making me into a rebel. These would not be "office appropriate" jeans. On the other hand, I wonder if a Mom of 2 pushing 40 should be wearing these. Oh well, I don't really care.


 Okay, let's talk about this sweater..... I continue to add to my camel collection (check out this post which has links to all my camel looks) and I thought it was a coincidence too that this is now the second top I own with 2 creatures looking at each other (the first being this peacock sweatshirt in the same flare leg jean reference link). It's by Mara Hoffman so not only am I adding to the camels, but also to a designer whose pieces I really like (two other pieces seen here and here). I love the pyramid design along the bottom and how the camels have King Tut eyes!

Mara Hoffman Sweater - gift
Minnetonka Moccasins - TJ Maxx
Jessica Simpson Sunglasses - TJ Maxx

Linking up with Fashion Should Be Fun!

5 comments:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You know I am jealous of your sweater! It is perfect! And I love those jeans on you. I want some. I rarely wear jeans. Every time I do, I regret not wearing a skirt or dress but you are inspiring me! You look beautiful!

Jenni

Dawn Lucy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love this cool and funky look! You look fabulous to me, Dear! Loving that camel sweater! Thanks so much for linking up with FUN FASHION FRIDAY!
OXOX
Dawn Lucy
http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@GnomeLoverThanks Jenni! Seems all I have been wearing has been jeans.... I miss dresses and skirts.

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Dawn Lucy Thanks Dawn! Glad to have found your blog!

Whimsical Preppy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That sweater is so cute! I think the ripped jeans are fine for your age since you kept the rest of your clothes preppy. It's good to have that balance.
Have a nice evening,
Stacey