Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Kellogg House

Yesterday, my friend Lisa suggested we take a walk to The Kellogg House to take some photos. Just a short walk from our downtown headquarters offices, W.K. Kellogg's home was relocated to these grounds in 1990. The park surrounding the home is perfection right now, with all of the flowers in bloom. It was a gorgeous day!
 These silky lounge pants were a dream to wear! I can't take all of the credit for my maternity style, as I remember another Anthro lover wearing these for her pregnancy a few years ago. Off to eBay I went to track them down when I found out I was expecting again. I just love the fact that I can wear these, pregnant or not. The loose elastic band is very forgiving.
 Since I am trying to showcase how to wear non-maternity clothes during your pregnancy, I must say there are a few maternity staples I rely on. This tank is no exception. It's from Motherhood Maternity and it is reversible so you can wear the scoop neck side or the vneck side. I stocked up in basic colors: black, white, cream and grey. There were on sale buy 3, get 1 free. I really needed to refresh my basic tank collection anyway, as all of mine were looking quite grungy. I know I will wear these tanks after baby too. You can wear them tucked in or untucked. They offer great belly coverage and are so comfy! But I know the way they are designed they will look great without a belly too.
 I wore the necklace I made from this post. I thought the fun textures really went well with the print on the bottom of the pants. I love that they are black and white with a pop of color!



Pinkerton Dream in Color Loungers - Anthropologie
Gap Jean Jacket - local consignment shop
Necklace - made by me
Reversible Tank - Motherhood Maternity

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

1 comment:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hat necklace is so perfect with those pants! And they are so cute with you being pregnant. I likehow you are using regular clothes for your pregnancy and adding some maternity basics. That is so smart! Have you see "What I Wore" blog? She is a pregnant right now, too. So many pretty pregnant girls. I am so excited for you.

Jenni

P.S. That house is so cool! What a great idea for pictures!