Friday, July 18, 2014

Shower Dresses

When I was pregnant, I had several lovely baby showers. Of course, I planned on wearing specific dresses to them. I have enjoyed these same dresses over the years (not being pregnant) as well this second time around. When I had my showers, it was Winter so these dresses were worn with black tights and a black sweater. It's been really fun to accessorize them for summer with sandals and jean jackets!

 Axcess (a Liz Claiborne company) dress - Kohl's (they no longer carry this brand)
Jean Jacket - TJ Maxx
Sunglasses - Zulily
Unlisted "Webpage" Wedges - Steinmart
 And, I made a necklace to match the dress all those years ago. I just love the scribbled roses print and was glad I had a pendant that matched perfectly!
 Look #2:
Dress - Old Navy
Gap Jean Jacket - local consignment shop
Unlisted "Webpage" Wedges - Steinmart


 The necklaces I wear with this dress vary depending on my mood, since the floral print is pretty easy to match. Lately, I've been wearing this necklace I made with it. It features enamel flowers made by Jade Scott, which I wired onto the scalloped metal pieces I had.
 Here's a fun outtake..... Richard likes to mush his belly into mine, but we usually do it by pulling our shirts up so we are skin to skin. Such sweet bonding, but I told him that was not appropriate in our front yard! I do plan to get pics of our bare bellies together soon.

 

3 comments:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh! I hope you do get those pictures taken. That will be so sweet. I love both dresses. My favorite is the Old Navy grey one. Your necklaces are killer! I love that you have your rose necklace from that time period. That is a lovely memory. Showers are so much fun! I love the games. I went to one awhile back where the mom-to-be would not play games. She didn't like them. I was so bummed. You look beautiful and Richard is so cute. I can tell by the gleam in his eye he wants to belly bump.

Jenni

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You look so cute! And your son is adorable! I am 22 weeks pregnant and I am struggling how to dress my little bump - most maternity shirts are too big, but my regular clothes are too small. Anyway, you look great. Thanks for the inspiration!

Whimsical Preppy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The first outfit is my favorite and I originally thought the Old Navy was an Anthropologie dress. Very cute.
I really like the necklace with roses and hope that you make more.
Have a great day,
Stacey