Monday, July 28, 2014

The Deal Matriarch

I have to give credit where credit is due.... if I haven't said it here before, I learned my deal shopping ways from my Mom. I have scored many deals, however, I don't think I've ever scored one this good. So while visiting in Wisconsin this past weekend, we had the great idea to share how she dressed all three of us (from left to right - my sister in law Kaylan, my Mom, and me) for under $5.00
 
Yes, you read that right - $5.00
 
At the end of last summer, my Mom found these gowns at Kmart. They are actually sleepwear, but honestly, who would know? I don't know about you, but I never wear anything this fancy to bed! They are Jacklyn Smith brand. They were marked down to $13.99, and then 90% off!!! So she paid a whooping $1.39 per gown! It is honestly so comfy, because duh, you are wearing a nightgown!
As you can see, this maxi is flattering whether you are pregnant or not. Kaylan has mint sandals on, my Mom opted for white sandals, and I have tan ones (just to show how versatile the tropical colors are). I have on my Apt 9 (Kohl's) floral bib necklace that I purchased last summer.
That wasn't the only deal she found though. She also got these (again, Jacklyn Smith sleepwear) trapeze gowns. These were marked down to $11.99, plus the 90% off so that made them $1.19 each.
Cute, right?
I thought I'd show a few more ways to style the pieces. I've thrown my peach colored Free People maxi cardigan over the gown many times, and here are some Apt 9 (Kohl's) earrings to switch it up. My Mom has a purple cardigan to put over hers. Kaylan is new to dresses for summer and is excited to start getting into wearing them with these - I know she is going to love the comfort just as much as I do!

Kaylan suggested belting the trapeze one, so I wanted to show that here. This is seriously a piece that you can wear to bed and then dress up a bit to leave the house. (Ahem, I may or may not have done that here!)
I don't get into my local Kmart too much, but I did look online a bit to see that Jacklyn Smith has some similar sleepwear this summer too. I think the 90% off deal would only be in store though, so check it out when summer is closer to being over.
Lastly, a fun outtake where we were photo bombed by Richard!

Thanks Mom for these fabulous pieces!

2 comments:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your mother is a genius! Not only did she score amazing deals but she saw the potential in something that many people would not see. Those dresses are fabulous. I would never know their original purpose. And the trapeze dress looks fantastic belted. It is neat to see the dresses on all three of you. You all look beautiful. I loved this post so much. It was really neat.

Jenni

Whimsical Preppy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those nightgowns make perfect dresses. I always think that I am up on the Jaclyn Smith items since our Kmart is so close, but I never thought about the nightgowns. I will be checking those out now.
You all look great, thanks for sharing.
Stacey