Thursday, July 17, 2014

That Anthropologie Smell

One of the things I love about shopping at Anthropologie is the "feel" of the store which includes the smell. A few years ago I found out their signature smell is the Capri Blue Volcano candles they burn. The scent is described as tropical fruits and sugared citrus, but I wouldn't say it is overly "sweet" in an annoying kind of way. It has a depth to it...... a mysterious smoky tone....... I can't quite put my finger on it.
 
The link I provided is the only size I have bought thus far, but they offer different sizes and glass options as well as reed diffusers and room spray. I am kind of curious if the room spray would work as a perfume.... that is how much I love this scent. To be determined I guess. I don't mind spending this much on a candle because it is the equivalent to a Yankee Candle in size and quality. What I love even more about Capri Blue is they are made in the USA (Mississippi) and you have a beautiful mercury glass container to reuse after (just check out Pinterest for all of the ideas). That being said, I have found some candles lately that are VERY close to Anthro's signature aroma and thought I would share. I just love being able to make my house smell like this, and it is instantly calming to me. Even if my entire house is a mess, when I light this it makes me feel better.
 
This first picture is the one and only Capri Blue candle!
This Clementine & Mango one I found at Hobby Lobby. Watch their sales because candles were 50% off the week I bought this one. I know I paid under $10 for it.
Here we have Maui Sunset from Pier 1. I normally do not like Pier 1 candles because I feel they smell great in the store but then do not carry the scent very far in your home when burned. This collection they have is much better though.

When I first saw the Island Moonlight candle at Target, I was drawn to the peacock design. When I smelled that familiar scent I was sold. This brand has several size options too and the reed diffusers. The link says it is only sold online, but they are in stores.


4 comments:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for the suggestions! I will have to try these. I agree with you on Pier 1 Candles. It is nice to know those ones do not act the same as their predecessors. I have two Volcano candles I need to burn. I am terrible at lighting my candles. But it is one of my favorite scents. You are awesome! Thanks for the research!

Jenni

JoyceC777 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for this great info on candles! I too, love the Anthro scent!!! And, just like you I feel so relaxed while burning them! My question is this: Do you know of a Yankee Candle that is similar? I'm asking because sometimes I like to burn votives and Antro only sells Volcano in jars. Thank you for any information! JC

joy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article, I hope you could inspire more people. Visit my site for an offer you wouldn't want to refuse.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

SixAndrews said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Do you know if there is a perfume with the same capri blue smell?