Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finally!

So, you've heard all about this damn peacock pendant from Michaels and the never ending saga I put myself through because of my own weird obsession. Are you ready to see what all the fuss was about? Here is the necklace I whipped together today with it. It's nothing too terribly artistic, but I was happy with the seed bead mix I wove through the pendant and the teal, olive and brown crystals I wired together. Now it's off to the closet to see what I will wear with it. I am usually not fond of a piece of jewelry that is all crystals (unless it's for the prom or a wedding), but I came to realize that because peacocks are such flashy birds themselves that the jewelry inspired by them does require a little extra bling. I happen to look over and see this other peacock necklace I made this summer out of vintage crystals, Swarovski cubes and a hand painted Russian onyx pendant.
I was so thrilled to see the current issue of Stringing magazine mention these awesome pendants and where you can find them. I bought several direct from the artist at Bead & Button and I can't wait to visit his booth again next year!

All in all, it was a great weekend. I didn't get into the studio as much as I wanted but I am glad I got to enjoy the wonderful weather. Jon and I grabbed a sandwich while we were running errands today and stopped at a park to enjoy it. Oh, and the movie we saw on Friday night was "Body of Lies" - WOW! It was a good movie and a scary reminder as to what is happening on the other side of the World.....

No comments: