Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Self Care

I am a firm believer in "self care" - even more so after last year! DO NOT feel guilty or selfish to take time to do something that is just FOR YOU and/or what you NEED for your own physical, mental and emotional health. Everyone has a different idea of what self care is, so I'll just take you through an example I experienced last Friday. My boys got me a few gift certificates for Christmas - one was for a massage and one was for my favorite coffee place. Normally, I might save a gift certificate like this for months, knowing I have this treat tucked away. Why? There will never be a "perfect" time, so live your life! So on Friday morning I went and had a hot stone massage and then I went and grabbed a coffee. I dropped a load of books off at a free little library, which always makes me feel "lighter" and/or happy to share. After that, I ran into a few local shops I'd been meaning to hit up - one being the clothing consignment shop I take my clothes to. I had a credit there I was planning to cash out. But then, I saw this Johnny Was peacock embroidered thermal top! Wahoo!!! I admired these tops when they came out a few years ago, but they never went on sale low enough in my opinion, nor did I find them cheap enough from a reseller. That is, until now. This has happened to me so many times when it comes to my clothing obsession, proving that patience usually pays off. To finish my day, I ordered lunch from a new burger place that just opened and it was so good! The fries with their house dipping sauce was my favorite especially! Another great thing about my morning/afternoon, is that I supported all local businesses - something I have become even more passionate about. When I got home, I saw that the thermal top matched perfectly to my embellished jeans and funky mules that I normally wear together. The entire weekend, I felt the most content and at ease that I have in a long time. Was this a coincidence or lasting effect from the self care? Hmmmmmm.


 

No comments: