Friday, January 22, 2021

REMIX : a tale of 2 sweaters

I've definitely been on the space-dyed/ombre sweater bandwagon lately, and even though I certainly don't need anymore, these 2 sweaters were too cheap to pass up! Besides being super easy to throw on with jeans for a cozy working from home outfit, I immediately thought of some skirts I could pair these with when I saw them in the store. Trying to match off memory can be a gamble (and require a return if it doesn't work out) so I was glad my thought process paid off here because I love both looks. I am glad these sweaters are not too bulky to tuck in as well, because try as I might to pull off that effortless half tuck of a chunky sweater with a skirt that you see on websites........ I just can't do it without looking super dowdy.

When I saw this purple/pink/tan one at Maurices, I had a feeling it would blend well with this butterfly skirt. Online prices vary, I paid about $15 in store.

When I saw this blue/teal one at Old Navy I thought "That looks just like that Anthro skirt I have!" I like the fun play of the horizontal color lines with the vertical color lines. Online prices vary, I paid $7.50 in store!


 

No comments: