Friday, January 22, 2021

Another Amazon Coat Dupe

Back in November, I posted about the "dupe" Amazon coats that were popping up all over at the likes of Walmart, Forever 21 and Steve Madden. I purchased an olive green one at Walmart for about $45 and have enjoyed it all season. I happen to be at JC Penney yesterday for something unrelated, and saw this coat on clearance and decided to try it on. It was normally $180 (so, similar to the Amazon coat price) marked down to $44.99! Online, it is showing at $80.99 so not sure if online will honor the in store price if you can't get to a local store. It comes in green and black, and since I already had a green one I decided to get the black. I just could not pass up such a great coat for that price. We still have many months on Winter here, and it hasn't been until this week actually that it even feels like Winter. These seem to be the coldest months now. 

So, this coat is different from my green one in a few ways..... it is WAY warmer. It is longer, coming to my knees. The hood has an extra fluffy trim. All the same details are there though...... the pocket placement, the quilting, the zippered side vents. One thing I wish is that you could remove the hood on these coats. In general, I am not a big hood person as I wear a hat or earmuffs. If you have hair past your shoulders, you know how annoying it is to work out where your hair is supposed to go with a hood (unless your hair is up). Anyway, this coat is coming with me on a trip to the Upper Peninsula of MI at the end of this month. With as long as it is, and as tall as my boots are, I am wondering if I could get away without wearing snow pants depending on the weather. I am usually not a Winter sport person, so all of this is new to me!

a.n.a. Heavyweight Parka - JC Penney

 

No comments: