Monday, January 4, 2021

Multifaceted

At times, it seemed like fashion fate was against these looks. Last month, I fell in love with this gem print from Ann Taylor. I bought the blouse in store, and ordered the "online only" skirt, planning to wear them together as well as separates. The skirt got held up in shipping, and then when it finally came the sheer fabric of the blouse looked odd with the satin like fabric of the skirt (it made the colors slightly off). Had I been able to shop all the pieces in person, I could have seen this. Still determined to create a head to toe outfit, I then purchased the turtleneck (as I posted before, incredible holiday sales)! Right now, ALL 4 TOP STYLES in this print are $15! Also, THE SKIRT is $20! Another funny tidbit is that I think there is a typo on the website - this print is called "garland" but the skirt is listed under "garden".

So here are 3 variations I came up with - the two together with a belt, and then the skirt with a pink velvet top and a black top (both I already had). The one thing that did seem meant to be was finding the most perfect necklace to match! I knew I wanted something that really mirrored the shapes and color in the print and was coming up empty handed within my own collection. Several years ago, I did a DIY where I painted a rhinestone necklace with nail polish so I thought I'd try that again. But then an unplanned stop into consignment shop Clothes Mentor (recently talked about in reacquiring the Eva Franco shoe skirt) and I found a necklace that I couldn't have hand designed better! I think it was $6.
 With Winter stretching out for months now, and pink being a popular color this time of year (Valentines Day well into early Spring), I will be wearing these outfits quite a bit! I had a lot of fun pulling all of these items together (velvet, chenille, knit, satin, sparkle) and it seems each look calls for its own accessory (sunglasses, necklace, earrings, belt).




 

No comments: