Monday, January 19, 2009

New Peacock Pieces

I've been lucky enough, for the past 5 years, to have off from work and school on Martin Luther King day. I'm still in my pajamas, and I've been in the studio all morning. The sun is out, making all the snow sparkle. And my dogs are curled up by my side. Here, I'll share some of the new peacock necklaces I've made.

This first one stays in my personal collection. My friend Kristen got the pendant for me for Christmas - it's from Jess Imports. We saw this booth at the show we went to in Detroit in November, and then Kristen went to the same show in Chicago a few weeks later and picked this up. They did not have this pendant in November so it was a complete surprise! Next show you are at, seek out Jess Imports as they have some really unique things - they specialize in clasps. Anyway, this little strand of various stones I got at the show was a perfect match for this little guy. Very simple, but I love it when I don't have to stress out (sometimes for years) to put something together. This one was a natural and I was able to wear it right away!
The next three are for sale in my Etsy shop.

Here's Vintaj's fussy peacock paired up with some filigree and labradorite. I even upgraded my necklace similar to this by adding a filigree layer behind my other 2 layers.
Here's another necklace I made with the pendants Wabisabipottery made for me. To look back, the first one I did was in this post too. It's been fun stringing these up and down or sideways.And last, here is a very colorful one I did with a shell pendant I had.Well, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my day in the studio!

No comments: