Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's Old is New Again


I've been having the best time the last few days getting jewelry inspiration from old things. A few days ago, I posted a bracelet I made with 3 vintage watch bands and a Humblebeads cuff bead. I continued making a few more bracelets out of old watch bands, and they are now on my Etsy site. As much as I love bracelets, I find that I don't wear many to work because I am on the computer all day. The constant clanking and bulkiness bothers me. But since these are snug and comfortable, I just love them! And it's great to recycle something!

This excitement is continuing as I have raided my jewelry box and basement.... I have clip on earrings, drawer pulls, belt buckles, and other miscellaneous things waiting for me on my bead table!

3 comments:

NAVAL LANGA said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have read some of your posts and would like to revisit.

If you like short stories and paintings, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

Naval Langa
SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA
PAINTINGS GALLERIES

Another Interesting Blog
BIG CITIES OF INDIA

SueBeads said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your bracelets! I found your blog through Lorelei - I'm going to follow!

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great! Thanks Sue!!!