Thursday, January 29, 2009

Speaking of Old Things...

I was at my local Joann's the other day, and I was thrilled to see that Blue Moon Beads is coming out with yet another collection of goodies. I was even more excited to see a peacock pendant! This collection is called Manor House - check it out here - and is meant to bring that vintage, found in the attic feel. But of course, as with any other mass produced elements, you have to be picky and choosy because honestly: some of them can look very cheap. It's good on the budget, but use in moderation. Here's what I've picked up so far.While I was on their site, I saw there is another collection coming out called Varnish. It looks as though there will be some colored wood beads, and I can't wait to see if they will be burnable! My local Michael's hasn't gotten any of this merchandise in yet, but I can see where they are making room by clearancing some things out. It's nice too because even though Joann's and Michael's get the same collection, they get different pieces of the collection (at least at my small stores) so it's still an exciting shopping experience. Check it out and let me know what you find! I'm interested to know what pieces you're going to be excited to work with!

No comments: