Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Wearable Art

I bought this dress on sale at Zara a few years ago in the dead of Winter. I was drawn to (no pun intended) the print which is a mix of watercolor and sketches in a nature theme. It's a very thin, satiny, shirt dress with not only a slit in the front but also on each side (i.e. chilly). So when I tried to wear it right away after purchasing it, I did not like how it looked (evidenced in the photos I took). I wore it with tights and then tried again with leggings and felt dowdy in both. This length definitely looks better with bare legs. Since the print is a moody/seasonal look to me (Fall/Winter) I decided to try it once again before the snow flies and layer a sleeveless black knit dress under it for a bit of warmth. The dress came with a matching belt in the same fabric, but I like swapping it out for a black belt to break it up. Black booties would naturally go, but I opted for olive ones today to pull the green in the dress. Natural stone necklace from Anthropologie pairs nicely with the nature print. I am liking this much better now because honestly, this dress was almost on it's way to the consignment shop.




 

No comments: