Thursday, October 8, 2020

This Time of Year

I know this is redundant, because EVERYBODY is talking about the weather. The leaves. The sunrise or sunset. But seriously, this week especially, can we just press "pause"? Life is back into the chaos that is school, soccer, scouts, and more. Honestly, I hope to NEVER complain about my schedule again after seeing what life is like without it. But, these few quiet moments each morning when I am taking pictures, and enjoying the most perfect setting, sets the mood for my entire day. If I'm having a hectic night, I know I can look forward to this peace the next day.

In my previous post about velvet, I was looking back at my posts from this time last year, and realized this truly is that small window where it seems all my outfits come together as I imagined and all of my pictures turn out. I also realized that at every season change, I do a lot of posting. A lot of that is because I am a huge off season shopper (the best deals) so I have a lot of pieces just waiting to be worn! This dress is a great example of that.

I remember first seeing this dress at Zara in Chicago a few years ago. Of course it caught my eye, but I didn't go for it. Then, it resurfaced at Steinmart earlier this year under the brand Chelsea & Theodore, and I snagged it on clearance for $14.99! Retail price for this is $148 and since the Zara one became an influencer favorite it still sells on eBay or Poshmark for a pretty penny. This is now the 4th Chelsea & Theodore dress that I have gotten that is the same as a higher end option. This color blocked tiered one was like the Hutch ones Anthropologie offered. This ombre chambray one was like the Holding Horses one at Anthropologie. And, most recently, this knit tiered one was just like one of Anthropologie's best sellers that they keep releasing in new colors. Now that Steinmart is closing (sniff, sniff) where am I going to get my Chelsea & Theodore fix from?

This boho maxi has the most perfect fall color pattern, fun pom pom trim, and I adore the detailed neckline! Per usual when it comes to such a statement dress, no accessories needed.

No comments: