Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Remix : 3 Outfits

Blogging and Instagramming are all about NEW, NEW, NEW, right? The people who do it for a living are making money off influencing your purchases. Someone like me - YES, I love to shop and YES, I love new clothes - but that doesn't mean I don't wear what I have repeatedly (you just don't see it day to day). There is nothing I LOVE more than remixing my clothes in new and interesting ways. So I have 3 outfits in this post that I remixed recently. Some things are really easy to remix - say a dress and you just change the color sweater you wear over it. I would say the biggest challenge is pattern mixing, but when it works it is so rewarding. This tulle skirt with metallic dots I got last Winter was first worn pretty "safe" with a black top. Same for this striped sweater paired with black jeans. After reassessing the skirt, I felt it was too long so I cut about a foot off of it and it is so much more wearable now! Tulle (and other fabrics that do not need a hem) are easy to DIY alter. I keep seeing big sweaters paired with skirts, but for my body type I definitely need a thinner sweater, tucked in, and a belt for definition to pull this look off. I am loving this combo!

I already pattern mixed this skirt after wearing it "safely" with a white tee and jean jacket (guess that's my routine - wear a new piece more conservatively and then get daring later). And now I'm glad to see that this striped and feathered thin sweater also go great with it!

 And, for one of those easy transformations I talked about above....... same wide leg pants and same black tee........ but for cooler temps add a jean jacket, switch out sandals for close toe shoes, and this time I added a necklace!



No comments: