Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Velvet Time

Velvet is my favorite seasonal fabric, so you will find plenty of outfits that I incorporate it in once the temps turn. I love velvet even more if it involves peacocks! Last year, and now this year, I used my birthday discount at Anthropologie to invest in a peacock velvet piece. Also last year my parents birthday gifted me a pretty velvet peacock vest and later my Mom found this velvet peacock kimono on clearance. Traditionally, these pieces can be worn to special or dressy events. But if you know me, going to the office on a Tuesday is a special event (even more in 2020 than ever)!

So this years birthday discount purchase was this Agostina Velvet Burnout Tunic by Daniel Rainn at Anthropologie. This is the second piece I've purchased from this brand from Anthro (the first being a peacock printed blouse) so of course I am loving this designers mutual love of the bird! Also, this is a good example of a high end piece (the dress) mixed with budget items....... booties from Meijer, sweater, belt, sunglasses from Kohls.



 

No comments: