Saturday, October 24, 2020

Costumes from your Closet : Moira Rose, A Little Bit Alexis, Peacock, Witch


Needing a last minute Halloween costume? If so, here are some ideas you might be able to pull from your closet. I LOVE Halloween and when it comes to costumes, I have done it all - bought them, rented them, made them. I have been part of huge group costumes in my past work life, and couples costumes with the hubs where we made rounds to all of the contests at bars. Now, the holiday has morphed into being all about the kids and we love attending as many Halloween events as we can find.

 Ever since falling in love with the show Schitt's Creek, I have longed to do group costumes of the characters. Since this year presents more challenges in getting together, I opted to dress up on my own as Moira Rose to take my kids through the Wendy's drive thru. Any bets on if I spoke like Moira when ordering? I have been all about magical and celestial prints lately, so I ordered this tunic/dress from Modcloth to wear anyway during the spooky season. But it's prefect for Moira's black and white wardrobe, so, choose any black/white outfit you wish. I accessorized with a thick grommet belt I've had for years, and the craziest heels I have. Obviously, the bigger and more outlandish, the better here. Think huge necklaces, purses, bracelets, hats, headbands, patterned tights/leggings. I crimped my hair and donned her signature red lips, but if you were into wearing a wig you know you could choose almost anything since she had such an impressive wig collection.

My everyday look definitely matches up best with our beloved boho Alexis Rose! So it was really easy to choose any flowy dress from my closet (this recent peacock purchase, also from Modcloth, is what I used here). This two toned teal hat is one I've had from World Market from years ago which I stuck a peacock feather in. Long, layered necklaces and these little suede booties are a recent thrift store find for $4! Practice some of her mannerisms and phrases, and you are all set!
 This peacock costume that I've been posting about on social media uses all things I've had on hand with the exception of the awesome mask I found at Target. Black leggings, black long sleeve top, black rain boots, and handmade shawl gifted to me a few years ago.

I've had this green witch hat for years, so it's easy to grab in a pinch. I used to have this green tulle skirt that matched it well, but now I would use a long black dress or the black tulle skirt I have. Easy to layer up and keep warm with tights, sweaters, and such.


No comments: