Wednesday, August 15, 2018

When a Plan Comes Together

When I buy things, I usually have several ideas on how to wear them right away. But sometimes I buy something because I like it and know I will figure it out later. That was the case with this jean jacket and necklace. The jean jacket I bought back in the Spring..... a jean jacket is classic and I couldn't resist the peacock embroidery. While colorful, I just wasn't finding anything in my closet that I liked with it so it has sat for months.
The necklace I bought just last week. I went on a field trip with my son to a museum in Detroit, and I had a little time to kill before meeting the group. I was thrilled to see that The Peacock Room (recently talked about here) and their sister store Frida was only 2 blocks away from the museum! FINALLY I was going to get to go to these store in person. And they did not disappoint! All of the clothing and accessories are so thoroughly selected at different price points. I really restrained myself and only bought this necklace at Frida as a reminder of my trip. It caught my eye, but again I had no idea what I was going to wear with it. 
Over the weekend, I went to a LuLaRoe sale at my local consultants home. She had this peacock feather Carly that I knew had to be mine. As soon as I saw the purple and mustard yellow, I immediately thought of the colors in the peacock jacket. This is my fourth Carly and it's the most worn style of my LLR dresses. They are just so versatile and comfortable!
So I knew I was going to wear the dress and jacket together, and then I saw the necklace with it's wood beads and creamy white accents was perfect! The colors of this outfit will transition into Fall perfectly - I would just trade out the sandals for booties.
It seems to be more fun when an outfit comes together like this - unplanned. It can take months, it can take years. Buy what you love and trust that it will come together!
Jean Jacket - Aeropostale
Carly Dress - LuLaRoe
Necklace - Frida
Sandals - Rockport
Sunglasses - Target


No comments: