Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Cross Stitch & Afterpay

By now, you know I like crochet clothing (granny square pattern to be exact)...... I like embroidered patches sewn onto clothes....... and now I am here to confess that I adore cross stitch! Yep, it's safe to say that if it has a handmade and vintage vibe to it I am into it. I used to cross stitch when I was pre-teen! 
When I saw this peacock jacket at Urban Outfitters, my jaw dropped. I knew it had to be mine. I also had recently noticed that my favorite shopping site - Anthropologie - and its sister store(s) Urban Outfitters and Free People  - had started to offer a new service called Afterpay. After reading the details (4 equal payments, each 2 weeks apart, no interest or fees) I decided to try it out. It seemed silly not to! You just choose Afterpay at checkout, and after a few additional clicks you are all set to go! Whatever means you sign up to pay with, will automatically be deducted in the two week intervals. They send you a reminder a few days before, as you can incur fees if the payment doesn't go through. 
You can check out the Afterpay website to see what other retailers are currently participating. I haven't tried it on any other sites, but I know the Anthro family of stores requires a $35 or more purchase to use it. It got me to thinking, with how retailers are suffering and constantly having to compete, this is a genius way to attract more shoppers. Just this year alone we are seeing the closing of Toys R Us and Younkers stores. I wonder who is next. Back to this service though, I am curious to know how it works with returns and/or price adjustments. Maybe I will find out soon.
Back to the jacket, it is so well made.... it is a thick cotton canvas like material and the stitching is so beautiful! It is an oversized fit, due to the dolman sleeves, but I will be thankful for that in cooler months when I want to wear bulkier layers. There is nothing I hate worse than feeling constricted in outerwear! Pairing it with all of my oldies but goodies!
Rock & Republic High Roller Jeans - Kohl's
Sonoma Shell - Kohl's
Sandals - Payless
Sunglasses - Target
Necklace - Francesca's


No comments: