Friday, August 3, 2018

High End Hippie

I would definitely describe my main style as "boho". I love loose and flowy. I love print and texture. I love anything handmade or that looks handmade. I shop, or find my inspiration, at stores like Anthropologie, Free People, Johnny Was, Spell and the Gypsy. But man, the prices sometimes!?!?!? And for what you are getting too!?!?! I mean, have you ever seen a rack of Free People clothes at Nordstrom Rack? It looks like it belongs in the most unorganized Goodwill store! No way is a thin, worn looking thermal shirt worth $90 dollars, so that's what kills me is that the image is supposed to be "hippie" but there is no way a hippie could ever afford their clothes. 
Some pieces..... some pieces though are truly beautiful and worth it. I saw this dress on Pinterest last year and was smitten. The peacocks caught my eye at first, but then I fell in love with the bright floral print. I tracked it down to find out it's the Hotel Paradiso dress by Spell and the Gypsy. Yeah, outta my price range and sold out in most cases. Then I started seeing copies but was leery about buying one, fearing it would be a flop. Until one day when I opened my daily Zulily email and I saw the dress. My Zulily purchases are usually good so I decided to go for it, and for $24.99 it was a steal!
I was really pleased with the quality and fit when I got it, even though I have a wear a black tank under it for modesty. Off topic, it reminds me of the Day of the Dead holiday. Or going salsa dancing? That's probably one of the reasons I was drawn to it because I love Day of the Dead and Halloween! I was thinking if I ever needed a last minute costume, I could throw this on, put some flowers in my hair, and paint my face like a skull!
Dress : Zulily
Necklace : Loft
Sandals : Rockport
Sunglasses : Target





No comments: