Thursday, August 16, 2018

Embroidery Love

I can't resist some good embroidery! When I saw LuLaRoe's newest release - the Deanne II - I was in love. It's a sheer embroidered maxi dress, so you can layer it over whatever you wish. I already had a few black maxi dresses so I was all set! You could use a shorter dress or even a tank and leggings (or tank and jeans). 
There are so many gorgeous patterns out there, but I was drawn to this one almost immediately. It reminded me of an embroidered dress from Anthropologie I lusted after last year - same color palette and types of flowers. I ordered it from a consultant in my home state of Wisconsin - love supporting the local ladies when I can! When I got it, I was so happy with it. 
I usually don't have problem with things being too long on me, but this one was a bit. There is a seam at the waist where there would be an opportunity to adjust the length professionally (so that you don't lose the pretty hem). But, I just belted it and pulled the fabric up a bit, creating a "blousy" look on top. I am feeling okay with that fix for the moment.
I remember owning a few similar dresses in the early 2000's....... I wish I had pictures of me in them just to look back on, so I guess that's one benefit of this blog..... it's like I am documenting my history. Of course I remember big life events, but I am also someone who remembers weird details about insignificant days. When I'm looking back on some of my posts, I can recall how I might have felt that day, how I love a particular photo location, a memory about purchasing an item, etc..... Today I was thinking that this dress deserves more than Arby's drive thru for lunch! LOL! Such is the life of a busy working Mom!
If there is one thing I know about this season of my life, it's that I can have my highest highs and lowest lows all within the same day. Every day. Some days the only person who can make you happy is YOU! So buy the special dresses and WEAR them! Even if you're just going to the Arby's drive thru.......


No comments: