Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The Peacock Room

There is a store in Detroit called The Peacock Room, and I can't believe I haven't been there yet! I started following them on Facebook years ago, which lead to a purchase they shipped to me in 2014. And earlier this month, another one of their posts prompted the purchase of this dress, which they shipped to me as well! Hoorah for social media advertising! They now have two locations - the Park Shelton and Fisher Building - both gorgeous historical spaces from what I can tell. The Proprietress, Rachel Lutz, also owns two other stores : Frida and Yama. It is well known that she selects the best clothing and accessories for all sizes, and I am glad to support a business woman like her. Taking a trip to physically shop her 4 stores, as well as everything else Detroit has to offer, is definitely on my bucket list.
Okay, so let's talk about the dress..... the brand is Voodoo Vixen in the UK, specializing in fashion from the 30's to 60's. The style of the dress certainly falls into that retro category that is universally flattering. I love how much coverage the bust has so that I didn't feel like I had to keep adjusting myself during the day. I did throw on a little shrug for the office. It was hard to choose brown or black shoes/accessories as both colors are in the feathers depending on how the lighting is, so I tried brown for it's first spin. What really drew me to this dress (among all the peacock clothes I've seen) is how the feathers "pop" on the teal fabric. I am one satisfied customer!






No comments: