Friday, May 20, 2016

Colorful

A few posts ago, I talked about shopping on Facebook. I mentioned other groups that I was a part of, so this post surrounds the phenomenon that is LuLaRoe. LuLaRoe is a home based business (has consultants) and of course all of them have their own FB groups. There are also Buy, Sell, Trade groups that are consumers (and unfortunately, flippers). This brand is new to me, having recently been introduced to it by a couple of friends and my sister-in-law. They are most well known for their leggings and let me tell ya, I have never felt anything so soft in my life. Now I know why they have such a strong following. They also have skirts, dresses, tops, cardigans and a kids line so you can match your little person. I thought ladies were obsessed with Anthropologie - oh boy, they do not even compare to these LLR ladies!!! It's been harder for me to find/buy what I want within these groups because people are so darn fast! There have what they call "Pop Up" parties daily, with different consultants, and quite honestly I just don't have the time it takes to be involved in all of them. I've been able to snag one thing via a consultant so far, a couple of things from the buy/sell/trade group, and then it's off to eBay for this lady to find a few other things. This is an instance of where I prefer eBay to one of these groups. Search for what I want, buy it now, done deal.

Anyway, so far, I am loving their "Amelia" style dress which I am featuring in this post. It's a fitted bodice with pleated/flared skirt, pockets, and exposed zipper in the back. I was in need of replacing my black and white striped dress that was showing some wear. I love using pops of color with black and white, so I wore a colorful statement necklace and red cardigan. The gorgeous painted wall is on a business (unfortunately closed up) on the way to downtown Jackson. Kristen and I always pass it if we take a run to our antique booth (or lunch downtown) during our lunch hour. I've been meaning to use it for outfit photos for a while now and Kristen was happy to be behind the camera rather than my tripod (you might even see her in my sunglasses! LOL). Do you see those "orbs" in the photos? I always like seeing them in a sunny photo, but isn't it said that they are spirits? I guess it's kinda fun to think that someone from the afterlife might be judging my outfit!

"Amelia" Dress - LuLaRoe
Red Cardigan - consignment shop
Floral Necklace - Macy's
Jessica Simpson Sunglasses - TJ Maxx
Rampage Sandals - Meijer












No comments: