Friday, November 6, 2020

Brooch Collection

I've been wanting to do this idea for a long time now, but thought it would be on a jean jacket. Earlier this year when I was reading an article about J. Crew's bankruptcy, I saw their former CEO wearing a green utility vest with brooches on it to the Met Gala (see last photo)! Inspiration comes in the most surprising ways sometimes. I love this type of piece made feminine or glam - the contrast of the military green with the rhinestones. I am a collector of a lot of things - have been from a young age - and as the legendary Iris Apfel says, "More is more and less is a bore"! So this is my brooch collection from over the years as well as vintage pieces I inherited from my Grandma. Of course there are several peacocks. It took some time to lay out the design, and word to the wise - once you put it on things might lay differently and will have to be moved. A work in progress, and I do still plan to do a jean jacket someday.
 Lucky Brand vest - TJ Maxx (old)
Jeans, Sunglasses, Shoes - Target
Tiered Top - Loft




 

No comments: