Monday, November 30, 2020

Amazon Dupe

 Many Amazon items have a cult following and/or receive their own hashtag (such as the #amazonnightgown dresses I adore). Last year at this time, I was already about a year late in jumping on the #amazoncoat bandwagon. Up until that point, my coats have been more fashion focused. Now that I find myself doing more outside in colder temps, I knew I needed to focus on warmer and sportier options. So, I ordered the Amazon Orolay Coat which comes in several colors, and whose price fluctuates daily (right now it is $149.99). Sadly, I didn't like the fit enough to justify the price so I returned it. This year, I am now slowly seeing "dupes" to the #amazoncoat. Wait a minute.... isn't Amazon the place to go for dupes, not the other way around? After reading reviews on the dupes at Steve Madden, Forever 21, Sam Edelman, and Walmart, I decided to order the Walmart version at under $50. And, I liked it way better than the original! I like the olive green color best, but you will find the dupes in the same basic colors as the original like black and navy. They all carry the same details.... sherpa lined hood, zippered vents on the sides, exaggerated pocket outlines. I wore it to cut down our tree the other day, and it's been great today for our first snowfall.

Original - Amazon Orolay Coat

 Jason Maxwell at Walmart

Forever 21

Steve Madden



No comments: