Thursday, April 23, 2020

Season of Tiers (Tears)

UPDATE : Apologies if you are sick of tiered dresses, but I found two more this week so I figured I would update this post. Honestly, they are finding me!!! I am not seeking them out - it is so weird!!! So let's get into the first one - this yellow number. This is what I would call "get the look for less" because this is the EXACT dress that I wanted from Anthropologie for $128! They came out with it last year and have added more colors so it seems like an item they will carry for several years, but I truly always wanted the yellow. I got an email from Steinmart this week with the subject "Tiered Dresses : One of Spring's Hottest Casual Trends" so of course I took a look at it. It lead me to a page of dresses where I saw this one. The brand is Theodore & Chelsea which I recognized immediately as being an Anthro look-a-like brand (see examples in posts here and here). Steinmart price? $49.99!!! Steinmart often has sales and coupons too so it's possible to get it for even less. Less than half the Anthro price and it truly is the exact same dress..... same fabric, pockets, etc.... Love this find!!! Here's the Steinmart link if you want to grab one.
 Then, on my weekly grocery trip to Meijer, I saw this dress added to the rack. It reminded me of the Walmart dress however it has a fourth tier, making it longer which I actually like better! They had this magenta color, and then a black & white floral print so far. It's by their in house brand Falls Creek and like the other two Meijer options below it's $30 but at the time I was there they were 40% off. So, I bit more than the Walmart option but I think the extra length is worth it.
ORIGINAL POST : Last year when I was trying to find budget friendly options of the tiered dresses I was seeing at Anthropologie, I came up short. This year, it seems I am finding one after another which makes me want to cry tears of joy! But I also feel tears of sadness during this odd time. Either way, the tears won't fall - at least not yet. You know what is falling? Rain. Cold, shitty rain. But I still got out to snap these pics quick because I get excited to share good deals.
 
I was thrilled with my $20 (grey) and $30 (red) finds in Chicago last month, but bummed I did not have any links to shop online since stores closed right after that time. Now, with these new finds, I have some links to share and/or they are easy to see at stores you might already be at for groceries. Before anyone judges what you might consider "non-essential" purchases, please know that these dresses were on the outer aisles of the clothing sections. Meaning, I walked right past them on my way to another department or checkout (which makes it seem even more meant to be)! Also, fitting rooms are not open in my area so no extra time spent in the store there. Lastly, stores in our area have suspended returns right now too, so I had to take a chance on sizes and hope for the best (luckily, they all worked out - this style is pretty forgiving that way).
 First up is this one from Walmart. It is $13.88 and comes in 7 colors (most of which I saw in store) but here's the link to purchase online (Time and Tru Tiered Dress). It's the shortest of all the ones I have, but I am glad it goes below the knee at least.
 This periwinkle one is from Meijer (sorry, no links) and is currently on sale 50% off which made it $15!!! It also came in grey and pink. I was unsure of the tiers further down the bottom, because a straight body is not the best for me, but belting it was perfect! The neckline has a raw edge too which is a nice detail.
 This black one is also from Meijer and also on sale for $15! It's hard to see because of the dark color (although you can see raindrops across it), but the tiers start just under the bust which is what I like. I only saw this in black so far, but they might get more colors in. The last tier on this one is an eyelet fabric which is a really cool detail!
In my posts about the grey and red pieces, I styled them with jackets because they were both sleeveless. These all have cap sleeves, but I kept everything pretty simple for these pics (just necklaces and sandals). But of course, as I will always mention, the options are endless...…. jackets, sweaters, belts, jewelry, scarves, headbands, etc.... That is why when I find a basic style that I really like and is reasonably priced, I will gather all the colors because I have proven to myself year after year that I wear these pieces the most. It's why I have 9 colors of a sleeveless shell top from Kohl's that was an Anthro look-a-like. It's why I have 5 colors of chenille cardigans. It's why I have 6 colors of thin Free People look-a-like duster cardigans. You can make something look different EVERY time you wear it by mixing and matching. That is a lot harder to do with a bold print. So I now have a classic tiered dress in grey, red, olive, blue and black. But at prices like $13.88 and $15 (or even clearance later on), I may pick up a few more colors.
 
Okay, so I promised more links to shop online. Here are two options from Target (which I also saw in store before we had to stay at home), and an option from J. Crew which would you want to hit when they are having a sale (right now they have 30% off).
 
 

No comments: