Monday, March 16, 2020

Chicago Neutrals

I'm not trying to be tone deaf here by continuing to blog, but I think it's really important that we continue to do any small thing that lifts our spirits! I am going to try to get dressed everyday, and even though I am not going anywhere I am going to try to show my outfit(s) as if it were a normal day. Today's pictures are from last Thursday when I was in Chicago. I tagged along to my friends work trip at the last minute. Of course I had concerns about going to a big city, but figured I would be as precautious as possible. While we were there, things changed by the hour back home. First we saw events being cancelled, followed by school, and pictures of empty shelves at the stores (worse than the hording that had been happening in the previous weeks). We just sat there on information overload in disbelief. Everything seemed pretty normal in the city, so we honestly dreaded coming back to the chaos. But, eventually that would change too as we are now seeing stores and restaurants close. All in all, no regrets what.so.ever. I am so thankful to have had this little break as we try to settle into our new normal for who knows how long.
 The weather while we were there was pleasant to walk around, and we were staying right on the river in a great location to hit up the places I like to go on State Street as well as Michigan Avenue. I had lots of time on my own as I waited for Sarah to be done with her classes, and I knew I wanted to attempt a few outfit photos. I planned for sensible comfort, and the only new piece here is this top from Soft Surroundings. Those that know me would know that the mismatched buttons is what sold me on this top. It comes in several colors as well as a sleeveless version. I have to be honest though, the sleeves did not feel comfy to me (not sure if sizing up would help) and I felt the fabric is the type to look wrinkly even after ironing (not sure if the black color would hide that). So, I have to say I am not completely in love with this top which is disappointing. I ended up changing before we headed out for dinner. 
Danielle Button Top - Soft Surroundings
dv Jameson Boot - Target


No comments: