Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Lady in Red

What is it about a red dress? There's been a song written about it. And who can forget the number Julia Roberts wore in Pretty Woman? I've never been one to seek out red dresses, as much as I love bright colors and bold prints. I guess I always thought of them as "too much", even for me. When I saw this one though, the way it was made and the details, it really spoke to me. Well, actually, it's label spoke to me first....... it's by "Sunday in Brooklyn" which is a designer Anthropologie carries. I searched around and found that Anthro never carried this one though. 

One of the design details I liked, was the fact that the pleats didn't go all the way around - the whole front of the dress is straight and the added layer of micro pleats start on the hips and goes around the back. Being a pear shaped person, I thought this was either going to be wonderful or horrible on me. To my surprise, the dress was so flattering on, I just couldn't pass it up. I love it's longer length - it feels very retro to me. To dress it down a bit, I tossed on a jean jacket and chunky necklace.

Sunday in Brooklyn Red Dress - TJ Maxx
Jean Jacket - TJ Maxx
Catherine Malandrino Heels - Zulily
Necklace - made by me






Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

No comments: