Friday, July 29, 2016

Trapeze Top

The flowy tops I like to wear can be called many things besides flowy....... boho...... peplum....... swing....... and in this case, trapeze. I suppose the trapeze name comes in when the top truly has more of a triangular shape (narrow on top and full on bottom). When I saw this classic black beauty at Meijer, it reminded me of something I would see at Anthro. And since I have quite a collection of white shirts, and some colors, I figured : black, yep, need black too. Later in the day, we went to a car show/art fair and one of the vendors complimented me on this shirt and asked where I got it. When I said Meijer, she couldn't believe it! I like the modern details like the hidden button placket, side slits, hi-lo hem, and it even has pockets!

The other item that is "newer" in this outfit is my tote bag. It is hard to tell in the pictures, but it's one of those dark, oil like painting patterns that I like so much! I know I don't photograph my outfits with purses much, because I don't change my bag to match every day. But it ended up working with this black and denim ensemble!

Black Trapeze Blouse : Meijer
Rebecca & Rifka Floral Tote : Zulily
Cropped Flare Released Hem Jeans : New York & Company
Rampage Sandals : Meijer
Tahari Sunglasses : TJ Maxx
 
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy









No comments: