Saturday, May 25, 2013

Songbird on a rainy day

Necklace that I made to match Anthropologie's Songbird Circle Skirt. Sometimes I feel like I get a little carried away with my "matching". But it's fun and almost like my own little personal challenge! I loosely based this design off of the Mixed Alloy necklace. I made my own decoupaged beads with music paper, and then strung them up with some other large round pearls, metals, and sky blue ceramic beads.

 Taking the outfit pictures was probably more of a challenge than the necklace! It was one of those days where it rained on and off. After work, I ducked into a new location I found and while I loved the industrial look to it..... gah! those legs and skirt are blinding and could not be fixed with photo editing.

 So then I ducked into another place I often go (under a bridge) and while I enjoyed the wind effects, the coloring was still off.
 So, I went back to one of my tried and true spots: the stairwell to the garage I park in. Going against the window certainly brought out the details in the skirt, but then everything else was too dark.
 I do really like this one though, just not for getting the best details of the clothes.
 Ahhh, finally just enough natural light to balance it all out.
 The one I submitted to Effortless Anthropologie


 And then the sun came out! Oh, how I would have liked to have played around more. But, I had to get home to my family. Even though this was a frustrating situation at first, I ended up enjoying the experience as I continue to learn about lighting and editing with such simple equipment!

4 comments:

Niky Sayers said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

very beautiful, such a lovely look

Lynn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the skirt fabric. It would be fun to see how it looks made into other wearables. Maybe a dress since unless you resort to white above the waist (yawn) it's bottom-heavy colorwise. Does the belt feel too tight? It looks it a bit and that can throw off the balance of an outfit and foto, i type as i sit here in a nightgown and sweater. (gah is right)

Really interesting experiments. What i LOVE most is those sheet music beads. Did you cover wooden beads? They really look professionally made and really make a nice echo of the newspaper birds in the skirt.

Lynn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

such a duh-me! just noticed the top is grey and picks up on the grey print birds. the tan belt (unless it's grey too & i'm just not seeing it) fooled me into thinking the top was tan.

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for your nice comments ladies! Yes, Lynn, I decoupaged round wood beads with the music paper and then sealed them.